Acer ‘Sangokaku’ is a compact, bushy acer growing to 5m tall in 10 years. The leaves emerge green in spring, turning a yellow, orange before falling.
Pot Size: 5L
• Mature Height: 5m
• Mature Spread: 2m
Why We Love It
• Perfect as a spciment plant in cottage gardens, city gardens or for rock gardens an containers
• Low maintenace
What To Know
• Season of Interest: Spring-Autumn
• Position: Full sun, partial shade
• Soil: Moist but well drained, organically rich
How to Care
• Pruning should be carried out in the dormant season (November to March) as Japanese Maples bleed during other times of the year, which can weaken the branches.
• Water in summer if necessary.
• Leaf colour is best in partial shade, although full sun can be tolerated.
• Add a top-dressing of a well-balanced fertiliser around the base of a recently planted tree in late spring and keep it well watered. No routine pruning is required, just remove any dead, damaged or crossing branches in late autumn or winter when they are fully dormant.